Saturday, April 18, 2009

What a week

Has it been almost a week since I last blogged?? Looks like I got some updating to do, how could I leave my blog hanging for so long!

Well Easter weekend went off without a hitch, as you read previously, but the aftermath has been nothing short of difficult.

Did I mention that every holiday it seems someone decides to share their germs with my family and someone ends up sick?!?!

This holiday was no different. Friday before Easter Taylor wakes up with a red eye...oh what fun, we got Pink Eye! Off to the doc first thing in the morning to get meds, for the whole family just in case but definetaly to get Taylor on. Then Sunday night Bailey catches it, he starts meds too. When something like Pink Eye gets in the house, it has it's way of always making it over to Bailey so we pretty much expected this and was kinda sorta already treating him with infrequent eye drops. Once he officially got it, we just upped the drops to the perscribed amount.

Phew, Pink Eye taken care of, easy does it....NOT. Monday was a great day, just hanging around the house really playing with the kids. I HAVE to get my camera out more often because I miss so many great photo opps during these times. Taylor had her dance lessons, Bailey his Cubs, the regular stuff. Tuesday back to work...uh oh, Taylor is sick in the car on the way to work, and I mean SICK...full out throwing up. I had to sadly call work and tell them I wasn't coming in that afternoon (secretly I was NOT sad, in fact I like when the kids are sick, I get a day off!). Of course I take the afternoon off and she is bouncing all over the walls, happy as pie, all day long. Man kids are resilent.

Guess I'm going to work Wednesday. Tuesday night, kids go to bed and oh dear, 10:30pm Taylor wakes up just wretching! AGAIN! My poor little baby, what can I do but hold her hair back as she full out wretched every 5 mins from 10-2am. I felt so bad for her and yet she was like "no big deal, I'll do my thing in the bucket and be over with it", I think I felt worse than she did, she was still her happy little self....

Because of the very late night I opted out of work on Wednesday as well...didn't want to take any chances...and of course was enjoying the very very long break from work with Easter and all. Of course my sweet little monkey was happy as pie all of Wed. and we even went to the mall to get her some new runners which she desperately needed. Sickies all gone, another round of germs tackled.

Thursday was back to work...that's okay the next day was Friday and the weather was beautiful. Thursday night I even went to a candle party and spent too much money. Friday was another good day of the usual, and more great weather! Friday night my sister and brother in law visited with their baby and we had a great time together. Watched a movie afterwards, "Yes Man" pretty funny for a Jim Carey movie that is. I loved it when he had to say "Yes" to the old lady with no teeth, but also makes for a really good phylosophy in life too. A good watch, has some deep meaning if you can get past the stupid yet very adult humor that Jim Carey movies often have.

Today has been an interesting day. Since noone seems to be knocking down our door to buy our house, which I'm not sure why to be honest cause MY house is the most amazing house on the market, we are making some plans to buy D out and take over the entire house ourselves, and completely renovate. This may not seem very important to this blog entry but that's what we did today! We went off to Home Depot and starting looking at various things we needed/wanted to completely renovate the bsmt into a larger bedroom and fancy man lovin media room. (Lets not forget a small corner for my scrapbooking either, wink wink).

Tonight I went over to visit with some friends with Anthony, and played some Rock Band...which I've discovered is a lot of fun despite the fact that I SUCK. Who cares right, we all had a great time and I really like to play the drums, though I did pretty good in the singing part...guess they don't measure actual sound just if you can say the words on time. Actual sound would have killed us all!!!

Thus far it's been a week of ups and downs but kept it interesting to say the least. I'm looking forward to tommorrow...not much planned, and since it's now 2am I doubt I'll even get up for church...naughty me.

3 thoughts that made me smile:

Cyn said...

So glad everyone is feeling better! 86 degrees here today!

Gift of Surrogacy said...

what a week!

awesome news about the house... and how exciting it must be to thinking all all you want to do to make it your own...

Sarah Andrews said...

Wow.....your crew was so sick! I am glad to hear that everyone is feeling better. I love going to home depot and dreaming and planning!