Monday, April 20, 2009

Court today

And thrown in jail for being a bad, very bad girl. *wink wink*
Kidding..........

But I did have court today and the charges were.........

Oh wait I should give you the back story first.
May 2007, my van was making funny noise. Took it into a mechanic I went to and trusted for years and he said it has a small opening? where the muffler and pipe connected. Threw some cement on it and all was good.

For a little while....

By July 2007 it was really noisy, so I had him change the whole muffler and tailpipe.
July 2007-Last month....
My muffler was noisy. Never stopped being noisy. Went back a couple of times to the mechanic and he said it was fine. Looked under the car a few times, never seen any leaks. Went back to mechanic Sept 2008 for the last time and he put his hand over the tailpipe and it made no noise and he said it was fine. UGH.

Last month....police pull me over, proceeded to lecture me about not having a muffler, etc etc and despite the very true and frustrating story I told him, he gave me a ticket, for $110!!!

I signed it back as "Not Guilty".

You see I think of tickets given for people who are neglectful or careless. People who make no effort to follow the law(s), and I do try and this time I believe the ticket was unfairly given. I did make reasonalble and proper effort to follow the law...I was a victim of mechanic scam because they didn't want to replace the warranted muffler that was fixed in 2007.

I went to court today and told the prosecutor that and

the charges were..............



dismissed! I didn't even talk to the judge except to say my name.

Woohooo, but why couldn't that just been done over the phone or through paperwork...like seriously what a big waste of time that was.

Oh well, at least I'm not paying out $110.00

Oh and I did get the muffler refixed by a new mechanic shop and will not be going back to the old one anymore.

1 thoughts that made me smile:

Sarah Andrews said...

That's great that you won! What a headache you have gone through with your van. It's such a sucky feeling when you have been lead astray by someone.