Thursday, April 30, 2009

Guns Guns and Paint?

Like my blogger friend Cyn, birthdays are a really big deal here in our house, often lasting days.
I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet, but then again you know me, my short and sweet might be a novel to you.......
Friday I brought him McCrappys for lunch....it's a traditional to take him out to lunch but because his b.day wasn't officially till Saturday and he would be having only the one party because it sat on the weekend, we decided to do Friday night dinner out. Last year I put balloons on his McD's but he was pretty embarrassed by that and so I learned my lesson, a quick exchange in the parking lot and super quick HUG...hehehe, I got one in public.
Friday night we went to my 2nd favorite restaurant that is truely too expensive to take the kids so they have never been. Well we loaded them up and headed into Yorkville, one of the most expensive areas in Toronto where there is this great Japenese Steakhouse called Yamato. I love it there, and so did the kids. The cooks cook right there in front of you, it's called teppanyaki, and a real culinary delight! The chefs are skilled with cooking as a performance and do all sorts of tricks...our favorite being the onion volcano. And the food is just amazing! Taylor kept saying "the chef is really good" and then the final comment "I'm going to marry him"...AHHHH!
See pics below (sorry they didn't turn out very good):


Saturday we went and did some GeoCaching....and almost got soaked in a thunderstorm...we were going to do a second one when the storm really started so we'll have to go back. It was really nice, we picked caches in Inglewood area. We ended up hopping over a few fences into a farm area getting our shoes and socks all muddy and wet...yuck! Only to find out the damn pathway, nicely pathed was just a few feet away....ugh....are we dumb or what?


Yes, I look like shit...but hey we're geocaching
Sunday was the party, and we went PAINTBALLING! Well the guys all did, I did not, for some reason getting hit with tiny balls of paint landing myself with welts and bruises all over my body just doesn't seem like much fun to me. I instead took care of the party details in the party room, pictures, and socialized with my family and friends. It was a good turnout, the entire family showed up, and Anthony's friend and his dad. I believe there were 8? players in our group and they left looking like....well just check out the pics.





A got the Rockband set, and my mom got him the Rockband 2 game so we now have 1 and 2. He also got games, computer subs, clothes, money and more! It was a great day altogether.

Sunday night we got home we did some cleanup and immediately got into the Rockband world...hence my previous post on how much fun it really is!

So that was our b.day party, another year come and gone, another b.day, another set of memories! Thanks to those who followed along, it's been a real ride, and I've really enjoyed the comments!

3 thoughts that made me smile:

Nadine said...

Sounds like it was a fun time! That restaurant sounds super yummy, I went to one similar when I was a kid and it was lots of fun.

Wewurtskihit said...

Great pictures!! Looks like you guys had a LOT of fun!!!

BTW - my birthday is next week. I want........................................................................................LOLOL

AND a party!!! hehehehe

Mark

FET Accompli said...

I just read through the past few posts - what a beautiful tribute to your son. I also want to thank you for your replies to my posts, I appreciate your insight.