Thursday, April 30, 2009

A real crappy week

I've dedicated so much blog time to A's tribute that I've actually got a list of things to talk about! I actually wrote it down too! I think I'm becomming blogger obsessed...nothing like a space in cyberworld to share my rants, ravings and opinions and to think some people actually read them!



Since I got a running list, I thought instead that this post would be a blog about my really crappy week....oh my....but I will try my best to keep it brief because who wants to listen to me rant non-stop.



So the weekend went great, the house was closed with no showings and we were able to just relax and enjoy the weekend.



Then came Monday, and it wasn't too bad, but we had 3 showings that evening...so I spent the day trying to clean up, all the while juggling other such things. Would you believe the showings started at 4:30 pm (each having a one hour window) and ended at 8pm. When do we get to just relax?? It got to the point that I was starting to get pissed off, which I know makes no sense, your house is on the market, you want showings right? But after 90days, EVERY day almost, people coming in at all hours, never having just a quiet dinner, I mean there were times we were eating because it's a constant flow of people and well we had to eat!



So we ate, got T off to her dance studio, and on the way back wouldn't you know it my van starts acting up. Not sure what's wrong, but the transmission kept slipping out, and I would step on the gas and it would pop back in...oh dear this can't be good. Well I'm only about 10 mins away from home so I'm trying to get it home, when about 5 mins away I have to pull into a gas station because it starts overheating. I get out and look and there I have a chocolate brown puddle all over the place, look under the hood and transmission fluid is in the coolant and coolant is in the transmission. This can't be good for sure! So I call my friend to rescue me, he drives the van home takes a look at it, makes a few phone calls and suspects the rads gone. Not a bad fix if the transmission wasn't damaged.



Both of us work, so I drop hubby off at the bus stop Tuesday and head to work, come home and have the van towed to mechanic for a professional look. Pick Ian up from work and am finally home by 5:30pm. The entire night I'm juggling phone calls. Mechanic says it's not worth fixing....cost about a grand, and not sure if it will work because he can't tell if the tranny has been damage. GREAT! Just what I wanted to hear. And no the tranny is not worth putting the money into, it's a beat up old van that's got almost 300,000 clicks on it. I hate cars!



And to top it all off....we have a showing tonight and my house is a wreck cause I've spent the entire day and evening on the phone. I cancelled the showing. I couldn't handle it all and felt like I was totally going to cry.



Wednesday after talking with Ian and such we decided to take the house off the market and we'll actively persue buying the other owner out. (He lives in the bsmt apt downstairs, another long story). So I call up the agent and say that's it, we're done. I felt bad, he worked hard and got no money but seriously you know it's enough when your getting mad at your showings and feel like your life is totally upside down. 90 days is too long! Wed night was on the phone practically all night too trying to figure out the van, calling our financial advisor to look into our mortgage situation, calling mechanics, calling this person and that....and yes, getting the van towed back to our driveway. Mechanic doesn't think it's worth fixing, after talking to my dad and my friend Dan their going to try to fix it themselves, cutting the cost of repair in half, and if it's doesn't work...well we tried and we didn't loose a ton of money. Our hope is to get another 6-12 months out of it though....I really hate cars and hate even more wasting money on them, buying them, fixing them, anything, afterall there is no value in a vechile, each year you loose more and more money and well, eventually it's not worth anything. If I had to spend several thousands of dollars, I would much rather it go to house renovations than a stupid car that breaks down, falls apart, can get into an accident and be rendered useless...you get the point.



Thursday has actually been a good day. It's such a relief to have the house off the market and a little direction. No word yet if we qualify for such a mortgage (it'll be double what we have now) but pray for us that a lender will love our portfolio and sign on the dotted line. We really need this now.



So that's about it, today everyone will be working on the van, I've got to take the kids tree planting with the cub group and will be driving the donor milk to it's destination, Sunday Bailey got his first invite to a non-family birthday party, so I'm really excited for him.



Anyway, it's been a real bad week with practically no down time, no ability to de-stress, and complete frustration and fear all around. I'm glad it's almost over!



Rant off.....

2 thoughts that made me smile:

Wewurtskihit said...

sorry to hear you had such a crappy week! Lets hope next week will make up for it 10 fold!!

Sarah Andrews said...

Oh no - not the van! Did the guys have any luck?????