Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Celebrations-Powerful Questions

It's been a great weekend thus far. Friday we headed out and did some Geo-caching....anyone out there ever tried it? I'm not big into the caching itself but I do love the walks. Anyway kids, hubby and I all packed up and got into the car and off we went to the site. Unload everyone from the car and hubby then realizes............drumroll...........he forgot the batteries to his GPS...ugh.

Now hubby has been to this one before, and we're there right? May as well make the best of it and give it a try completely blind..... Hubby leads us to where he thinks he remembers the treasure being through clues so as to make it fun and after a bit of searching and some minor scratches along the way we (tada!) found it. Good Job Ian!! There we dropped off our travel bug we got from Florida...this little bug (well it was a seal) has travelled over 11, 000 miles starting in the UK. It's goal was to visit as many countries as possible and well we helped it get to Canada...woohooo for us!

Afterwards we just hung out, went for long walks in the sunshine and enjoyed the family time. Got home had dinner and did a "Nip Tuck" marathon....yup, finally finshed the first part of the Season 5 (oh my gosh S, "out there" wasn't even the word for it, my jaw dropped one too many times this season) loving every single minute of it. We now just starting with what's come out this past March as we have it on our PVR.

Saturday was a pretty lazy day....we've closed up the house for showings this weekend, we just wanted to relax and enjoy ourselves, we needed this time as a family and enjoy the holiday.

Baked an Easter cake that turned into a disaster...oh well, everyone ate it stale jelly beans and all, and went to my mom's house for Easter dinner with the whole family (where I fed them the cake...). I still can't believe we seat 13 at our table with my immediate family only. It was a nice dinner and we actually stayed pretty late.

The Easter bunny came Sat night and layed it's eggs ALL OVER my house! The kids woke up to an array of colorful Easter eggs and were delighted to collect them all. I'm sure I'll still be finding them a month from now though...lol....funny bunny.

Today we have plans to clean house and prepare to open it back up for Tuesday. We went to church, and actually that is what this post was meant to be about....I really enjoyed the message today, I love going to church (when I can get motivated to get up early enough to go), I always feel great after going, uplifted, ya know?

Anyway, the message was pretty strong today, it was titled "Alive in Me" and based on Luke 24:13-35.

Some questions that stirred up my own feelings (which they always do in our church) I really thought would be nice to post about. Here goes:

1. After reading the above scripture, we were asked to consider that first Easter Sunday morning from the perpective of the two walking the road to Emmaus. What emotions they were experiencing and how might they have reacted when they recognized Jesus' presence?

2. If "the road to Emmaus" is sort of a "road to nowhere", how might you enter into this part of the story? When did you feel like you were on a "road to nowhere?"

3. As they recognize Jesus the story tells us that there was "fire within them"? Could that be the resurrection from them being experienced? When have you experienced that kind of fire and passion in life? How does that contrast with the "road to nowhere"?

4. How do you think about the ressurection on a day like today? What if it were more "heaven coming to us" rather than "us going to heaven?"

These are some pretty powerful questions and whatever one's beliefs are, I think it fits with a lot of different situations and perspectives. I have often found myself going down that "road to nowhere" and had to re-check my internal map and find out what it was I was seeking out, re-evaluate the route and adjust accordingly. I find that when I am on the right path, I feel that fire, that passion, that excitement....when I get off course is when I lose all of it.

So here's to Easter, staying on the right path, keeping the passion and living life as if Heaven was coming to me!

Off the soapbox now, on to cleaning..............

4 thoughts that made me smile:

Sarah Andrews said...

Glad to hear that you had some great family time this easter weekend. Told you that Nip/Tuck became more intense. I could sit through the episode where crazy agent used the teddy bear fluffer - too intense. Glad that you enjoyed church this morning.

Hugs,
s

Cyn said...

What a great weekend. Friday's outing sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't think my family would go for it :(

Anonymous said...

S, your totally right, that episode was nuts...but so was most of the show...I mean Matt, drugs! That poor baby I was so upset. What was really jaw dropping was when what's her face fell off the balcony, in the middle of....well you know! I actually cried out over that one! NUTS

Cyn, I never thought it would be my thing either, and some of them are just way too "messy" for me, but if they like walking, nothing is better than having a purpose, and well, finding geocoins and travel bugs makes it so much more fun, rather than just the regular junk. I think I'm really getting into it....but only in warm weather...cold...outside...yuck!

A

E @ Scottsville said...

Well, obviously I'm a bit late getting over here to read about your Easter weekend....

So happy belated Easter!!

(and Happy Tuesday while I'm at it!)