Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter

Easter is a special time in our house, not only is there a religious aspect to it, but also a personal one.

It is a time of death and a time of ressurection. Jesus sacrificed so much for us, only to be given new life in order to guide us better.

For me it also is a ressurection of my own life. It's a time when I look at the previous year and decide what I want to die, and what I want to ressurect. A time when I look at my blessings in life and am thankful, a time when I stop and pause and remember that while Jesus died for my sins, I don't have to keep doing them either. A time when I consider who I am and how well I'm doing following His path.

It's a time of ressurection too, new beginnings. Easter is far more special to me than New Years. Everyone makes New Years resolutions, most dont' keep them. It's a new year, I'm going to do this different....but do we really?

Easter is about new beginnings. Not necessarily about doing things different but finding new starts. For example: New Years resolution may be to diet and lose weight....how long does it take to fall off the wagon? New beginnings is about changing your life to a healthy life, lose weight or not, change the lifestyle start a new beginning.

God decided Jesus would have a new beginning, I believe He also wants us too to consider our own new starts, be it attitudes, lifestyles, thoughts or whatever it may be.

So with that, I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter, a toast to the death of the things you don't want in your life and a start to your new beginnings.

1 thoughts that made me smile:

Wewurtskihit said...

I am not so much into dying, even killing off the bad things in life. I am too joyeous right now!

BUT..there is a toast in Hebrew: LECHAYIM - TO LIFE!!!

Happy Easter!! :-)