Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Me Monday


Yup, another Monday come and gone, another week come and gone, and February is almost over, THANK GOODNESS! Spring is near and I'm so excited. But for now, I'll have to distract you with all the wonderful things I did NOT do this past week. If you want to hear what others didn't do either, you can head over to McMama's site http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ and check out all the others "Not Me Mondays", or maybe even join in on the fun. Remember to register over there so others can see all the things you didn't do too!
So here goes:
1. I did NOT ignore phone calls this week, I am diligent and on top of things and would NEVER ignore certain people. I DO NOT use Caller ID to screen people, oh no, that wouldn't be very nice. But I have to say some people do call at the WORST TIMES, but even still I would NEVER do that.
2. I did NOT dress up as a princess and have my hair and nails done with my 5 year old daughter. That would make me look very silly. I NEVER accidently walked out of the house with a pink princess hat on either, forgetting it was still there.
3. I was a good momma this week. I did NOT laugh at my son when he walked into the wall. But it WAS so funny, and I should have taken a picture of his dumbfounded face. Thankfully he was laughing too or else it really wouldn't have been nice.
4. I do NOT reward my kids with food items. No no no, that would be bad. But it works soooo well!
5. My daughter loves to help out, grocery shopping she will unload the grocery cart happily on the counter, then help bag it and put it back in the cart. I did NOT allow her to unload the entire cart of $200 of groceries on her own.....(she wanted to) while I sat and read a magazine, secretly wondering how I can get her to do this EVERY time. I did NOT then give her $2.00 for all her help, in which she said she would help out more if I gave her more money....
6. I did NOT contemplate being really cheap and only give her a quarter for her help. Afterall I knew she wouldn't know the difference, thankfully I'm still a good mom with a conscience and didn't do it but rather gave her a toonie.
7. During long(ish) line ups at stores I do NOT open up a smut/celebrity magazine and read it when I have no intentions of paying for it. I do NOT do it as a distraction so that I don't get frustrated over how long people are taking. When I am alone at a store, I NEVER stand at the end of the counter, after paying and continue reading because an article is so good I can't put the magazine back to go home yet.
8. I did NOT eat 5 ice cream bars this week, nope NOT me. But they were so good!
9. I am NOT going to go now and bake brownies with my kids so we can have a yummy snack just before bed. That wouldn't be a healthy snack most especially before bedtime.
Goodnight everyone, hope your Monday was a marvelous one!!!

8 thoughts that made me smile:

E @ Scottsville said...

I never read magazines while waiting in line at the register either. I'm not too cheap to buy the magazines - and wouldn't want to waste my hard on earned money on them anyway! I'm not INTERESTED in that smut. {{not}}

I'd laugh if mine walked into a wall, too! It's what we're here for!

BOWquet said...

I just love reading these!

S said...

That's funny about the princess hat - did you get pics?

Just Me said...

You are perfect DEAR!

Intending To Be Parents said...

These are absolutely hilarious! :)

SharingaDream said...

No I didn't get pics...afterall I forgot it was even on!!!

Cyn said...

At least you bake the brownies with the 'intention' of sharing. I tend to bake them after bed time and let them have any leftovers for breakfast!

Anonymous said...

CYN: That's so funny, that's what I do with my homemade chocolate chip cookies!! But brownies I don't mind sharing...lol.

Sharing-A-Dream