Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Have I mentioned yet??

That we are taking off and getting out of this Gosh forbidden winter?? Yup you heard right I've had enough and we are heading south for 7 beautiful days. We leave on Friday the 12th? and Don't come back till the following Saturday. So where are we going?? you might be asking, well there is a story behind it and you know me, I love to tell a good story, hehehehe.

For years I have wanted to take the kids South, Florida, South Carolina, Mexico, whereever there is ocean and lots of HOT weather.

I have travelled quite a bit in my lifetime, I've lived in BC and Alberta, we drove acrossed from the West Coast of Canada to here in Ontario so I"ve seen every province west of me. 7 years ago we went to New York with the kids, way south, down by Ganaquoie (I know I spelt that one very wrong), cause everyone around here has done the Buffalo route one too many times (so that doesn't count)...4 years ago we too a trip to Quebec, and Ottawa, and so this year I was tried of doing the same ol Canada vacation and wanted to head where it's warm year round.

I've been getting so cranky with this weather, -22 currently, it really sucks and can affect your mood especially my mood. So I thought what a better way to cheer me up than hit the ocean in sunny land somewhere in the USA. I know I've have to come back to crummy weather but the trip would give me the "umph" I needed to get through the next 2 months or so, till we start to warm up.

We have been wanting to do this for awhile, I finally stopped procrastinating and making excuses not to and booked a trip to South Carolina!!! Horray!!!! I was so excited, got a really nice hotel, all the kids are going, we're driving down and since I dont' want to ruin my own cars, we rented one to take, planned out the internary, and was all ready to go.....then I started watching the weather down there......sigh. 13 degrees, ugh, a lousy 13, some places dipping down to -1. I'm not spending a ton of money to go visit another winter place.........errrrrrr!!!!!!!

So last minute, like literally last week I decided; what can it hurt to travel 8 more hours south? It was a 16 hour drive to South Carolina, now it will be a 23 hour drive (of course it would take longer since we're stopping now and then), but it will be warmer, MUCH WARMER! Miami here we come!!! Now I've done the Florida thing twice, as well as Bahamas once, so really I didn't WANT to go there AGAIN, I wanted to see something new, but the kids are coming and we have to be careful with money, with 4 kids (my son is bringing a friend) and 2 adults, it gets pretty expensive. This will be the first time the kids have ever seen Palm trees so it will be well worth the 3rd trip to the Sunshine Coast, and you know what...if there is sunshine and ocean, and maybe even warm enough to swim in the ocean, than at this point I don't care where I go.

So last week and this past weekend, I have been changing all the travel plans to Miami Florida, book all the hotels and re-route the maps, plan an iternary, cause I'm a planner, especially with things like this and that's why I've been so crazy busy, researching, investigating, planning and preparing for our trip we leave for in less than 2 weeks!

I"m so excited I can barely sleep! I have been reading and trying to keep up with the blogs though, if I missed yours, it's been noted already and your next on my list.

Just wanted to also shout out to Mr. and Mrs. Duck who are now expecting a duckling or two!!! CONGRATS

Question for my blogger friends:
I have been doing some research on the Miami Go Cards, anyone know if they are worth the money? Seem like a pretty good deal but want to make sure it's not a scam or there isn't some inside information or things I should know/watch out for. You know the fine print innocent people always miss?

6 thoughts that made me smile:

Intending To Be Parents said...

Oooh have a wonderful time in Florida!! Hope you have picture perfect weather!

S said...

I hope that you and your family have a blast! I am a little jealous that you are going to warm weather but just so darn happy that you are going on a adventure!

Take loads of pictures!

Wewurtskihit said...

HAve fun - SOOO jealous!!!

Dont forget the golden rule: The best pictures taken are late afternoon - when the sun goes down the light becomes soft...makes for WONDERFUL memories with the camera :-)

Cyn said...

It sounds like you'll be gone when we celebrate my baby turning 10-have a great time. I've never been to Florida, but we don't really leave CA very often.
I somehow didn't realize just how cold it is where you live and I really can't even imagine what that kind of cold feels like. My brother is in Alaska and I can't even register what that kind of cold feels like. I think 30 is pretty darn cold :)

Have a great trip!!

Duck said...

sounds like a great time! Have fun in Miami - I've been to Florida quite a few times, but, never to miami and I've always wanted to go so have a blast! AND thanks for all the support we appreciate it!

Just Me said...

Hope you have a great trip..

also I nominated you for an award on my blog.. :)