Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's to do?

On a Tuesday? I've just been checking out other people's blogs today and seeing if I can find a good one on Photography and tips and how-tos. I can't figure out how to seach for particular blogs, but I have found a couple (or should I say they found me), thank you. Anyway, I think I'm going to enroll myself in a photography class, just for general interest...we'll see, time is not on my side these days, especially evenings.

So for now does anyone got any tips for me on taking good photos? The camera I'm working with is the Sony Cybershot DSC-H50, we just got it so upgrading is not an option, LOL.

8 thoughts that made me smile:

Cyn said...

Sounds like fun-not my kind of fun-but fun!
My SIL is into her camera and photos pretty big.

Just Me said...

I do not think it is so much the camera but the phot program you run from...

Wewurtskihit said...

You can always ask ME :_) (did i ever mention I am a photographer?)

What a wonderful medium to release tension - its my favorite hobby and was my favorite job ever!!!

Mark

SharingaDream said...

Oh no, it's not the camera or the photoprogram, both are really good, but rather the actual photographer, (Me). A person with a good eye can take a great shot with a keychain camera, lol, well not quite but you know what I mean, it's getting the good eye. Knowing what functions to use for what, how to position everyone, how to be unique and creative, think outside the box, what lighting to use, and when to use flash or no flash, the difference between soft lighting and hard and natural and when it looks best with which situation....seems to be photography is really about playing around with the camera for the most part. But all of the above really does make a difference from professional look to amateur looks. Oh angles seem to make a huge difference too especially when their pictures of people.

Wewurtskihit said...

PS: my email addy is wewurtskihit@hotmail.com :-)

(this message will self-destruct in 3 seconds - or more - LOL)

S said...

Hi there!

When you are talking about getting a good eye for pictures, I thought that you might be interested in reading this:
Rule of Thirds
http://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds

Your camera will actually show you the grid on the screen if you need a little extra help in the beginning.

Hugs lady!

E @ Scottsville said...

My suggestion is go to other people's photography blogs and hop around through tons of pictures to see different perspectives. Or just take TONS of pictures. I have a friend who has a goal of 200 pictures EVERY day. They're digital, so it's free - and that way she gets experience and can see what turns out good and what doesn't. I think looking at other people's work has helped me the most....

I really do view the world differently now! As if my eyes are a camera - thus my 2nd blog "Thru My Eyes". =0)

N said...

I'm just now getting back to blog reading and look forward to reading your birth story! But I had to pop by to say OMG you look amazing in your postpartum picture! Seriously! I'm so impressed! :)