Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Still here and lovin life!

Still here, all is good. Not much new to write about really, same ol same ol. Life is good really, busy but good!

Since I've last blogged we've had Taylors 6th birthday, and I'm totally sucking at blogging lately so I'll have to catch up one day with Bailey and Taylor on their history blogs. But yup she turned 6, we had a little family dinner and went to play mini putt, and then a big party over the weekend, a surprise party. That's all she wanted for her b.day, was a surprise party, and no word of a lie, this little girl, barely out of diapers, CRIED! Yes, CRIED, she was so HAPPY! Um...seriously, that much emotion in a little body. It was beautiful, then she made me cry...I'm a total sucker for tears, especially tears of joy!

Been busy with work and kids social events, playing taxi more this year than ever before. It's nice though, I don't mind, I just hate the dinner rush, trying to fix something good in 15 mins or less is hard. Any suggestions? Good recipies? I'm all in if you got any.

This weekend was nice, Friday night I went with a friend to see New Moon, no worries, I won't comment on it, except to say it was much like Twilight acting wise, kind of dissappointing and they will never match with the book. (Most movies don't anyway). Either way it was opening night and fun to join all the teens in their excitement...brought me back to my own teens.

Yesterday was a day for the kids. Taylor learned all 26 of her sight words this week, so I took her and Bailey for a treat to Kiddieland...(and indoor playground). They had a blast really. Last night we headed off, my mom, Taylor and I to join my aunt, uncle, Grandpa and other family to see my cousins figure skate. Their in syncro skating and are absolutely beautiful on the ice. It was a 'gala' for them and always fun to go and cheer them on. I got pics, I'll be sure to share a few.

Today was busy and yet I haven't left the house, but we got a lot accomplished. I got all the house cleaning done, the laundry, bills, paperwork and filing (yeah...I don't really like paperwork), and then would you believe it, we put up the CHRISTMAS TREE!

So fun, I'm already in Christmas mode. We missed the Santa parade so will have to sneak to another city to catch theirs, but doesn't matter, I'm in Xmas mode. Time to start the shopping, because both trees (yup 2) are empty underneath.

Yes, 2 beautiful wonderful trees, one in the rec room in the bsmt, and one in the living room. The house is decorated, the moods is chipper and well...is it Christmas yet?

Next week I got my niece Moyra with me in the mornings. In fact her mom's in a job training so I'll have her for 2 weeks or so...maybe more, maybe even up to 4. I'm looking forward to having a baby in my house, we'll see if that gets things going for me, or has me saying, nope no more, that's it.....

So that's my quick (but not so quick updaate). Kind of boring to read about.

Before I sign off can I just ask, if anyone is reading here anymore to please extend your prayers to my friend Natalia and her family. She has CF and is facing the battle of her life right now and could use all the support we can give. You can read her inspirational fight for life and love here:
http://natandmarty.blogspot.com/

Night.

1 thoughts that made me smile:

Sarah Andrews said...

Cute story about Taylor's b-day surprise. What a sweetie.

I can't believe that you weren't big on New Moon. I loved every minute of it and am going to see it again this weekend with Brad.

Hope that you are having fun with Moyra.

S