Monday, October 19, 2009

A balloon and a curtain



There are many things I miss about babysitting, those baby cuddles, feeding time and well, being able to just experience life through a baby's eyes.

Last week I got to babysit my niece, Moyra. She's about 15 months now and just too cute for words. Around me, she's really quiet, but last week I got some smiles and coos out of her. This is the 2nd time I got to babysit, so it was a real treat.

Now baby toys are scarce in my house, they went out when I stopped daycare and Taylor (ahem, 'I') outgrew them. BUT, years of experience has told me, who needs baby toys?

First time she came over, pots and pans were the star, nothing like the clamour of a wooden spoon and some good ol noisy pots. What a blast we had together making some real original tunes of our own.

This time around, a balloon and a curtain! Peek-a-boo was the winner through my curtain, and well not many kids don't like balloons....notice the drawings? Taylor likes balloons too!

Oh and the cats, following, watching, reaching out to touch them, laughing at them, yes those furry moving things with bells on are always pretty interesting here.

My favorite part, feeding her her bottle and having her fall asleep in my arms, ahhhh, sweet bliss, a little angel nestled in to me asleep in la la land. I actually asked Jenn to take her time getting home so I could get those cuddles in. 15 month olds only slow down at bottle time and I had to grab every chance I could get..wink wink. So mom did some errands and sweet pea fell asleep in my arms while I just soaked up all the angelic-ness I could.

Mom came in to find us all cuddle up, she knew how much it meant to me so she just quietly snuck in and sat and joined us, without waking the princess. Then....

The phone rang. UGH. Cuddle time over, sweet pea saw her momma and well, I was dissed. Oh well, the life of an auntie. I did get a good 15 minutes though....ummmm, just thinking of it brings joy to my heart.

1 thoughts that made me smile:

Cyn said...

I know exactly what you're talking about!!