Saturday, October 3, 2009

October, really?

Can you believe it? Where did September go, where did the last 3 months go actually.

I keep saying that over and over again but when I get a chance to finally sit down and blog, I'm literally shocked each and every time at how fast time is going, I want it to slow down, I NEED it to slow down, I feel like I'm losing in the battle of time.

Lately I've been working about 45 or so hours a week, somedays more. This is work, not renovations or home life. Add 3 kids to the mix and home life, you know, errands, phone calls, cleaning, laundry, and well it seems I have very little time for anything anymore. I know it will slow down...eventually...but when? That's what I would like to know, please tell me when? I keep saying, next week, next month, and all the while there is always something new, some new crisis to keep at bay, something that takes my time away from free blogging time.

Not saying that life isn't good, it's GREAT, but I miss blogging. I miss reading about all of my blog friends, I miss posting pictures and well just sitting about at the computer.

I also miss scrapbooking. I haven't scrapbooked in almost a year and a half, I am someone who use to scrapbook every Friday night....it's packed away and hasnt' been brought out in a long time.

I miss my friends, I miss parties and social gatherings, I miss chatting on the phone, ya know?

But here in my house, with exception of my "social" being low, life is really really good. Any free time I have had I've spent with the kids, I find that as kids grow the work load doesn't really get lighter, it just changes. And it's fun from beginning to end. I still want to get to the zoo again before it gets too cold, maybe the Halloween Haunt might be a fun thing to try out??

Taylors started her sparks, Bailey has moved up to Scouts and Anthony remains in Ventures. All the kids love it, and I love that they love it. We also attended Taylors 1st school council, which went really well, and we go to meet Bailey's teacher on Monday as we couldn't do the 'meet the teacher night' because we had another engagement that we couldn't get out of and was booked long ago. That's another thing, despite there being 2 of us, we are constantly having conflicting schedules and even if we split up, there are still sometimes things we cannot go to or attend...how does a single parent of multiple children do it? CRAZY!!!

The house is looking good and clean...okay maybe not right now, but clean enough. Today we need to take whatever spare time we have and get the garage cleaned up and the bar started. I really would like to have that done by Thanksgiving, cause for some crazy reason I volunteered to have Thanksgiving here!

AHHH, half the time I do it to myself. Well at least I'm alive, and life, my life, keeps me alive.

Life is good!

2 thoughts that made me smile:

Cyn said...

That's a lot of hours. Is it between 2 jobs?

Once it starts snowing I'm sure things will slow down. :)

Sarah Andrews said...

Glad to hear that you are keeping busy. I am sure it makes the transition of Taylor going to school full time so much easier. Enjoy!