Monday, May 25, 2009

What a life! Oh and bye bye baby...

Yes, what a life, another week has come and gone and I have no idea where it went. I sure hope summer doesn't go this fast for me, I'll just cry then.


I still cannot share my big news, but most likely in the next day or two...

Here's the highlights of the last week......

All week long I have been pretty busy, work stuff ya know...not much to say there. Thursday was so nice and hot Taylor wanted to go in the sprinkler and I thought it a great idea. So off she goes upstairs to change and she starts SCREAMING! I mean major crying. I run up only to find out my baby, BABY lost her first tooth! She was so upset because it was so unexpected, afterall we didn't even know it was wiggly! She didn't fall or hit herself or anything, she was just trying to take off her shirt and out it came I guess...so that's the story anyway. Blood everywhere, ah yeah, good times. After a 10 minute meltdown over it, we packed it up in the envelope and put it under her pillow for the toothfairy to come. Then came downstairs and took some pictures. I wanted to take some pics of her in the middle of meltdown mode, but that wouldn't have been very nice and well, I was busy attending to her. Anyway, she doesn't look very happy here, she just collected herself and is still unsure of the idea of loosing teeth...(though I did prepare her for it long ago). Though now she's proud to show it off and got $5 out of it, so it's all good now.

On Saturday I had to go in for my St. Johns Ambulance course, I've done it before, but its always good to have a refresher. I can do CPR and First Aide like a pro now. Who cares about that...really. I mean what was I missing back at home, I so didn't want to be cooped up in a classroom on a really nice Saturday. Do you know what I missed?? This....see pic...--I did try to upload the video but it won't work :( .--


Yes, that's right, my daughter is now riding a two wheeler! It just about broke my heart to miss this first really big milestone. Thankfully hubby thought of me and taped it, wish I could show you all.
And from what Ian says she did it like she'd been doing it forever. Just took the training wheels off and just went...like that! Ugh....my baby, my sweet baby, I want her back...she's just growing way too fast for me.

We had friends over after the Sat training, first we went Geo-caching with them, their kids never been and at first I wasn't 100% sure if her husband would like it, but he was totally loving it, we ended up doing 2 hunts for caches. They came back to our place and we kind of partied...rockband style. LOL. Do I sound obsessed over the rockband? I'm not really. They all stayed till like 1am, even the kids were still up watching movies, thankfully kids sleep in and they were so good and enjoyed each others company.
Sunday we went to the big park around here, did some shopping for clothes for me cause absolutely nothing fits anymore, everything is too big and hanging off me, so got me a few outfits...and groceries. Home and rest.

That's it, my week in a nutshell...sort of. More to come, just not yet. Teehee, I think I'm driving Cyn crazy! Sorry Cyn.

4 thoughts that made me smile:

Gift of Surrogacy said...

So great looking at these pictures.. to very cute blue eyed babies!

Cyn said...

Thankfully my list kept me busy, but you've got about 1 week tops before I start hounding you :)

Sounds like a great weekend. I would love to try the geo-cacheing thing, but I'm not sure my family would be up for it.

Sarah Andrews said...

Wow - T's toothless smile makes her even more beautiful! That's awesome that she is a two-wheeler girl! Can't wait to see you two!

FET Accompli said...

Congrats on your daughter's first experience with the tooth fairy and on bike riding without training wheels! Both are very exciting milestones :-)
Can't wait to hear the news...