Monday, May 18, 2009

Social life

It seems I need to put in an update of my week, it's been a very busy week and unfortunately I haven't been able to blog, not just because of time, but because it's not time to share what I've been up to. Big news coming soon though.


There are some things I can share, like yesterday! Saturday was a awesome day. My former ED IM and I still talk. Remember I announced back in October that she was adopting her first babe? Well, guess who came to visit! I hadn't seen them since their baby shower in December and I have to say it was a real treat for me!

At first I didn't think it was going to happen, though we planned it a couple weeks back we hadn't talked all week. Since I'm no newbie to dissappointment, I figured it was forgotten, or cancelled or everyone was just too busy. So at about 9am I gave her a call on her cell to inquire if she was still coming or if she wanted to change the date...um she tells me "I'm on my way!". WHAT! I was so excited yet so unprepared, my house was a mess, I needed a shower, lol and I had less than 2 hours to do it as they live about 2 hours away and just left.

So off I go running about cleaning up. Normally I wouldn't have, afterall my friend loves me for who I am not how I keep house, but because there is a baby coming, I like to make the house as baby comfortable as possible. Clean up the tiny toys, wash the floors, etc.

They arrive, we hang out and chat, order pizza and wouldn't ya know it, play ROCKBAND! We must have spent a good hour or so jamming in my living room, hubby, myself and my friend. (C was taking a nap and my kids were playing too). Soon afterwards it was time to go, they did spend a good 5 hours here and I'm so grateful that she came all this way to see me and just hang out with me. I love her to pieces and her little man. (Her hubby had to work :( hopefully we'll catch him next time).

So little "C", my little man, such a sweet BIG baby! He's really stocky and quite big for his age. He's got the cutest roles and most gorgeous smile! His mouth is so big and lovely that when he smiles it just melts your heart!

Of course mom's got him all glammed up in some stylish clothes...all around gorgeous little guy. But what's more, he is an amazing baby!
The minute they got here, he was all open arms for us to hold and love em up. Complete strangers, he was totally like "hey". Now that being said, there were a couple of times he started to get fussy with Ian, but even I get fussy with Ian. (hahahaha, JUST kidding). But he let me hold him the entire time and play and gave me the most incredible smilkes, I got to feed him and change diapers, it was just so nice!! I hadn't fed a baby since Taylor was little.
All in all it was a great visit. It was great to see "B" in her element, being a mom, playing with her little monkey, loving every minute of it. See pics below.





And "B" I know you read my blog and I just wanted to say thank you so much! I had a really great time with you guys, I appreciate the long drive you took and look forward to hanging out with you through the summer poolside baby, and maybe even trying a margarita or two!
Today my friend T is coming in from the West Coast. I'm so excited to see her, she too is a surrogate and a great friend/ally for me, a great support person for all things, surrogacy, life, parenting, whatever. I haven't see her for awhile now and really look forward to hanging with her today! Will update when I get a chance. For now, off to social world, I am a social butterfly ya know.

7 thoughts that made me smile:

Cyn said...

You know, now that you mentioned 'secret' works, you have less than a week to share before I go insane-fair warning!

Sounds like you had a great visit! How wonderful that she made the drive.

FET Accompli said...

Thanks for your post on my blog :-)

Anonymous said...

C slept all the way home:). We had so much fun and can't wait to see you all again!

Wewurtskihit said...

NOT YOU TOO with the secret or teaser??!!!???!! what is the blogger world coming to? LOLOLOL

Awesome that you had such a great visit! Nothing like a good visit with a GOOD friend and kids to make a stressful week a forgotten week!!!!

Sarah Andrews said...

Wow - sounds like you had a lovely visit. That little guy is so cute and BIG! How old is he again? Beautiful pictures. You are looking superfab!

E @ Scottsville said...

OH, he is a gorgeous little thing! Looks like a VERY happy little guy. =0)

FET Accompli said...

It's two weeks from yesterday...