Friday, November 27, 2009

Weird

That's really the only way I can describe my week...with it's ups and downs. Very tired, very busy, and I got my niece here with me during the day as I'm babysitting for the next two weeks.

Hubby got pulled over in the car because he didn't have a sticker AND couldn't find the registration papers. Okkkkaaaayyyyy. He got a warning. Police went back to his car and typed in our plate numbers and says theirs no registry on it for this year, that the plates expired in July.

Weird, I KNOW I put a sticker on there, I know I paid for one. Check the file cabinet, thankfully I'm sort of organized, yup, I paid for one, I think, the reciept is not clear. But I swear I did.

So down to the licensing office today, guns ablazed, ready for a big arguement that will sound something like:

"I paid for a sticker",
"we don't have it on record ma'am"
"that may be so, but I paid for one and here's the reciept"
"I'm sorry that's no good you'll have to get another"
"What! You have got to be kidding me!"

well, all that conversation planning...you know when you get all worked up and think of what your going to say and what you expect them to say in return?

all of it was a waste. Weird...

She looks up my plate and says "yup you paid" so the conversation went something like:
"yup I see you paid"
"but the police says I didn't"
"well it's here that you did so they must have made a mistake"
"but they typed in my plate and nothing was there"
"well they must have typed it in wrong"

Ooookkkkaaaayyyyy............okay, thank you. So I need another sticker, someone must have stolen it off the back of my van, "$7.00 please", and that was it! New sticker problem solved...and by the way, the registration was in the van to begin with, with proof on that that we did pay...ahhhh, my sweet completely dependant husband, what would he do without me?

Thank God for warnings....do you think the cop lied and there really was proof we paid when he typed in our plate number? Do you think just a warning was his way of saving face?

So a down turned to and up.....gotta love roller coasters. This was the way my entire week went.....one word, WEIRD!

2 thoughts that made me smile:

Nadine said...

Weird. Very weird. I have a new blog! It's duck!

Cyn said...

So glad that it turned out well.
Some weeks there is no way of knowing what's coming, you just hold on and try to smile for the camera.